If your foundation has settled and become uneven over time, you may be in need of foundation leveling services. Old and new homes alike can experience foundation settlement depending on the soil conditions around your home.
Dry and hot conditions can cause the underlying soil to shrink, while wet conditions can cause the soil to expand. Either way, the movement of the soil is what eventually causes a foundation to crack or settle.
My Foundation Repairs can provide you with professional foundation repair and house leveling services to permanently stabilize your home. Don't let your biggest investment lose value because of structural damage. Our professional engineers will inspect your foundation and determine the best solution for your settling home.
How To Avoid Foundation Settlement
Identifying and knowing the causes of foundation settlement can help you maintain a healthy foundation. Follow these tips to
minimize the effects of soil erosion, compaction, and expansion:
• Make sure the soil is properly compacted.
• Repair minor cracks.
• Fix all leaky pipes.
• Maintain a consistent moisture level by not over-watering the soil around your home.
• Make sure your home has a ground slope away from your foundation.
• Clean your gutters on a regular basis.
• Install downspouts that are the right size and length to direct water away from your home.
• Make sure the landscaping is not too close to your foundation. It should be at least 5 feet away.
• Install an adequate waterproofing system in and around your home.
Signs That You Need Foundation Leveling
Your home is one of your most valuable assets. Foundation settlement and sinking cause damaging effects to your home's structure. Understand the causes and warning signs of foundation failure before the problem gets worse. Look for the early warning signs of settlement. These signs include:
• Misaligned doors and windows
• Window hard to open or close
• Cracked chimney
• Leaning or tilting chimney
• Wall cracks
• Foundation cracks
• Gaps around windows or doors
• Cracks in mortar joints
• Water seepage
• Step crack in bricks
• Bowing or leaning walls
• Sticking doors
If you notice any of these warning signs, a professional contractor can inspect your home for more damage. By avoiding foundation repairs, the problem will get worse over time and jeopardize your family's health and safety. Wall cracks could widen, creating an entry for rodents and insects. Larger wall and foundation cracks could also increase moisture levels causing mold and mildew growth. Prevent standing water and flooded basements by repairing your foundation today. Don't let these disasters happen to you. Contact us right away.
House Leveling Methods
Hire a professional to level your settling or sinking home. A professional can use the latest products in the foundation repair industry. These products are manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP):
Steel Push Piers - This is a permanent solution for fixing foundation settlement due to soil shrinkage and erosion. Push piers are driven deep into the soil to lift the home back into its original position. It supports and stabilizes your home's load-bearing walls.
Helical Piers - These piers are used to repair and stabilize foundations. They are great for slab foundations and lightweight structures. During the installation process, there is little to no disturbance to your home.
Plate Anchors - Anchors supports cracked or bowed basement walls. The simple design allows the experts to complete the job quickly and effectively. There is little disturbance to landscaping which is a great benefit.
Hydraulic Lift Slab Pier - These piers are used to lift concrete slab for residential and commercial projects.
Why You Should Contact a Professional Contractor
Foundation leveling is not a DIY project. Using your local handyman or making your own foundation repairs have many disadvantages:
1. It could cause personal injury or additional damage to your home.
2. You don't have the proper tools or equipment to make foundation repairs.
3. It can be difficult to assess foundation damages and find the source of the problem.
4. Making your own foundation repairs, could decrease the value of your home and make it difficult to sale. New home buyers usually want to buy homes that have professional home inspections and work repairs.
5. You may spend more money than expected. If your foundation repairs fail, then you would have to call a professional to fix it.
At My Foundation Repairs, we are committed to helping homeowners locate a professional foundation repair contractor in the area. Professional contractors provide quality service because they are trained with the latest technology and products. They are specialized to repair your foundation with quality ECP products such as steel piers, helical anchors, wall anchors or basement crack repair.
Hire a professional contractor today to avoid further damages to your foundation. Leveling your home will increase the longevity of your home. Request an estimate today and we will provide an experienced foundation repair specialist to inspect the condition of your home.