Do Helical Piers Work?
If you're having foundation problems with your home, helical piers may be the solution for you. But do helical piers work? What are the pros and cons of using them? In this blog post, we'll take a look at helical piers and see what they can do for you.
Helical piers have been around for a while and are a popular choice for foundation repair. But do helical piers work? The answer is yes - helical piers are an effective way to stabilize and repair foundations.
What are helical piers?
Helical piers are a type of helical pier that is used for foundation repair. They are made up of steel shafts that are helical in shape, hence the name helical piers.
How do helical piers work?
Helical piers work by transferring the load from your foundation to the soil around it. This stabilizes the foundation and prevents it from sinking or moving.
Pros of Helical Piers:
- They're versatile - helical piers can be used for a variety of applications, both residential and commercial.
- They're strong - helical piers can support heavy loads, making them ideal for repairing foundations.
- They're easy to install - helical piers can be installed quickly and easily, without causing any damage to your property.
Cons of Helical Piers:
- They're not always the cheapest option - helical piers can be more expensive than other foundation repair methods.
- They require a skilled installer - helical piers should be installed by a professional to ensure that they are installed properly and safely.
Overall, helical piers are a reliable and effective way to stabilize and repair foundations. If you're considering foundation repair, helical piers should be at the top of your list.