The ECP Steel Piers is part of a family of patented foundation repair products that are referred to as micro piles, push piers, or even resistance piers. They are the standard for all piering methods throughout the industry today. They are the top choice of foundation experts and the choice of our network of foundation specialists.
Advantages of Steel Piers
When foundation settlement and sinking occur, foundation specialists will most commonly use steel piers or push piers as a fix for this very common foundation problem. Dry soil will cause shrinking and loss of foundation support. Poorly compacted soils become compacted by the weight of the structure causing a downward motion of the structure above it. In these cases, it would be recommended to use steel push piers, a proven underpinning solution for foundation repair. Our network of foundation repair experts depends on the family of steel piers from Earth Contact Products.
These push piers provide a two-fold system that includes driving the steel pilings into the weight bearing stratum. Once that load-bearing soil is reached, then a hydraulic manifold lifting system can use the steel piers to lift the foundation and gain back the lost elevation, thus restoring the value of your home by making the foundation safe and stable.
There are four main steps that occur during the installation of steel piers:
- The ground will be excavated for the installation of the piers around the foundations
- The foundation bracket will be mounted for the piering system
- The installation of the push piers will occur
- The weight of the structure will be transferred to the steel piers.
Which Model is Best
There are different models based on the needs of the client and whether the foundation in question is part of a commercial structure or residential structure. The ECP model 350 steel pier is a commonly used steel pier system. It was the first in a full line of steel pier products designed by ECP. It is designed specifically to drive deep into the soil to reach load-bearing soils, well beyond the expansive soils around the foundation. It is designed to provide the strongest support for foundations. It is an end-bearing pier and does not require skin friction to product support. Here are the specifications for the ECP 350:
- An ultimate capacity of 99,000 pounds
- Maximum field testing load of 74,000 pounds
- 74 Sq. inches of bearing surface
- Standard lift of 4 inches
- Fully adjustable unlimited lift capability
- Installs inside or outside of the foundation
- Has a friction reduction collar on the lead section of the pier
- The installation equipment is portable
- Installation occurs with little vibration
- Installs to rock or load-bearing stratum that is verified
- 100% of piers are field load tested during the install process
- Manufacturer’s warranty is offered
The steel piers credentials speak for themselves. When you have foundation problems, whether they are residential or industrial, and need serious, long-lasting foundation repair, find a foundation specialist in your area with the help of My Foundation Repairs and see if steel piers are the right solution for your problem. Learn more from your local Earth Contact Products foundation expert today!