What the Farmers Almanac says about Home Repairs
According to the Farmers’ Almanac, the Best Days for Home Repair are upon us. The 2009 Farmers Almanac reports that the time frame to perform home repairs are August 21 to October 19. Do not hesitate, schedule your foundation repair and other home improvement projects to take advantage of the weather and other general conditions. Whether it be heaving, a settling basement, bowed walls, or a water problem, foundation problems will not go away until you focus your attention upon them.
Once you have had your foundation underpinned, the Farmers Almanac says that the best days to go fishing are September 3rd through the 6th. You will not want to miss these days of relaxing and spending time with a friend fishing and enjoying this great time of year.
Other “best days” of note are listed below:
- Aug. 23rd – Cut firewood, mow to increase growth, dig holes, go hunting, wax floors
- Aug. 24th – Bake, cut firewood, mow to increase growth, dig holes, go hunting, wax floors, get married, buy clothes, entertain friends, host a party
- Aug. 29th – Cut firewood, mow to increase growth, castrate farm animals, dig holes, wean, potty train, wash windows, advertise to sell, travel for pleasure
- Sept. 4th – Cut hair to retard growth, mow to retard growth, castrate farm animals, dig post holes, wean, quit smoking, potty train, wash wooden floors, paint, start a diet to lose weight, kill wild onions and weeds, host a party
- Sept. 8th – Dry fruits and vegetables, cut hair to retard growth, mow to retard growth, pick apples and pears, quit smoking, perform demolition, wash wooden floors, start diet to lose weight
- Sept. 14th – Can fruits and vegetables, harvest, get married
Now that your next few weeks are planned for you, visit www.perfectpier.com for the newest engineered solution for foundation repairs.