The city of Charleston, West Virginia has a four-season climate and lies within the humid subtropical climate. Spring is the most unpredictable season, with many variations in temperatures and rainfall. These variations in temperature and occasional severe weather in Charleston, West Virginia can lead to foundation issues for you home or business. If you are aware of these issues and know what to look for, the sooner you can get a professional in to inspect your home or business and get the repair done. The professionals at My Foundation Repairs will get a professional foundation repair contractor in Charleston, West Virginia to get the repair done using the best products in the industry.
CAUSES OF FOUNDATION PROBLEMS IN CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA
Both the weather and soil conditions can cause various foundation problems. Some of the most common causes of foundation problems in Charleston, West Virginia are:
- Heaving and Settling: During cold seasons, the ground beneath your home will freeze and thaw, causing the soil to expand and contract. As a result, the foundation on top of this soil will heave, settle, and crack.
- Erosion: Erosion occurs during heavy rains or sudden storms, and can wash away soil beneath your foundation to form spaces. The foundation may settle into these voids, as it is no longer properly supported.
- Poor Soil Compaction: If the ground underneath your home was not properly compacted when the home was built, it will settle over time, leading to the sinking and settlement of the foundation above as well.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: Too much water in the ground can lead to increased hydrostatic pressure in the soil. This pressure pushes on the foundation and causes it to shift and crack.
All of these things can cause your foundation to have serious structural problems. The sooner the foundation repair is done, the least amount of damage that will occur throughout your Charleston, West Virginia home.
COMMON FOUNDATION PROBLEMS IN CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA
If you know some of the signs of foundation problems, the sooner you can get a professional in to inspect your home and give you an estimate on your foundation repair needs. Inspect yourhome for these signs of foundation failure:
- Floor cracks
- Sloped or uneven floors
- Wall cracks
- Sticking doors or windows
- Ceiling cracks
- Bowed or leaning walls
- Leaning chimney
- Foundation crumbling, chipping and flaking
- Brick and masonry problems
- Beam and post problems
- Stair and stoop problems
If you see any of these signs of foundation failure, don’t hesitate to contact My Foundation Repairs. We will get the best foundation repair expert in Charleston, West Virginia to come and inspect your home.
SOLUTIONS FOR FOUNDATION PROBLEMS IN CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA
Our foundation repair experts use underpinning products to lift and stabilize your foundation back to its original level. These products are steel push piers and helical piers that are driven into the soil through unstable soil until they reach a more solid base. Each pier is individually load tested and then the entire structure is lifted onto the piers using an hydraulic lift system.
Steel piers are the most common foundation repair product used today. These piers are an end-bearing pier that does not rely upon nor requires skin friction to produce support. Helical piers are an excellent choice when light structural loads, unstable rock basements or very deep load bearing layers are present.
Helical tiebacks are designed to stabilize bowing walls. They are installed from inside the basement wall through a small hole and with exterior excavation, the walls are immediately pulled back to their original level.
All of the products that our contractors use to repair foundations are manufactured by Earth Contact Products, the best in the industry. When you contact My Foundation Repairs, you know you will be getting the more professional foundation repair experts in Charleston, West Virginia, who use only the best products on the market. Don’t hesitate to contact us at the first sign of foundation issues in your Charleston, West Virginia home or business. We will help get your repair done and keep your home safe.